Internet speed test
4.2 out of 5
All ratings 100
For the most precise internet speed test, it’s recommended to switch off the downloading programs, internet radio and YouTube. To be 100% sure repeat the speed test minimum twice.
Questions and answers
Internet Service Provider
What is the internet speed test?
Our speed test is to help to measure the real speed your provider supply you with, If the speed is much slower than the provider claim, it’s recommended to call and request the reasons from the company. Using the our «speedtest» you will be able to check:
- Upload speed
- Download speed
- PING – the time spent on sending information/data set to the server and back
- IP address – your computer’s unique address in the Internet
What does the internet speed depend on?
The internet speed depend directly on the type of the internet connection you are using. Nowadays the most popular are:
- ADSL – this type uses the phone line. This technology has the division of the frequency/from those where the voice goes, therefore the line is free even while being actively used.
- FTTB – it’s based on the usage of the fiber-optic cable which is connected to the transmitter in the subscriber’s building and then the twisted pair is outstretched. Nowadays it’s the most popular way of connection.
- 3G/4G –this type is used in mobile nets .The USB modem is used for laptops and computer connection while for the net 3G/4G routers
In fact, there are no problems with wire connection, whereas wireless might be troublesome. The more gadgets are attached to the router the lower the speed might be.
Apart from the equipment, the speed can be influenced by software that uses the traffic mainly.
If the internet speed differs more than 10% one more measuring is advisable or use the same services. If the result remains the same, call the provider for the reasons.
24% of Internet users do not realize that their ISP reduces their internet speed.
What is the preferable/ideal speed for games, videos and skype?
It’s frequently asked how to define the ideal minimum of speed. Actually it depends on the purposes of the usage.
If you just need to use the social networking sites thus you don’t need more than 3 Mbps
Can’t live without watching videos – less than 20 Mbps is not even worth considering-will waste time and lose patience.
Fond of online games? In this case, the internet speed is not so vital as the quality of the connection, ping precisely (up to 10 msec) and the absence of packet loss.
For Skype, it's important to have a stable upload speed
And it is important to have a stable download speed
In online games in addition to the speed you need to have a good ping up to 10ms